Written By Drew Canole
You know those times where you feel like you’re not enough?
After days or week or months of motivation and inspiration and effort and sweat, you have a moment where it feels like everything is crumbling down around you.
You have a setback or a heartache or simply wake up feeling too exhausted to keep trying. You have a day where the blinds stay closed and you start to sink. Even though you know the answers, you let yourself be governed by limits and old habits try sneaking back into your life. Those times where frustration begins to suffocate you.
Where do you turn during these moments of struggle? How do you react?
It is in these moments that it is so important to understand – you are not alone. You may be in Manhattan or in the middle of the desert – you will never be alone. There is a divine light and strength that is always available to you. It burns like the sun and expands through time and space. It is love. It is hope. It is strength beyond your own. It is what pulls us all together when we decide to tune in.
This divine energy is something grand and mysterious. It is the fuel that can power your cause on a daily basis and open up your highest potential for good.
I want to show you a meditation for opening up a channel to receive energy and love when you need it most. It is so important to take time to focus on our energy and needs once in a while and to find space in silence. In our busy and go-go-go world this can be a challenge, but the rewards are priceless.
Crown Chakra Meditation for Connecting With Divine Energy
The seventh chakra is called the crown chakra and is the center of spirituality, enlightenment, dynamic thought and energy, wisdom, understanding and a connection with God. It is located on the top of the head in the crown area.
- Color: Purple
- Physical connection: Pineal gland, top of the head, nervous system.
- Food fuel: To clear and re energize this chakra, fasting and detoxing are often the best options. Through proper fasting you can strengthen this chakra, along with your spirit, and gain more control and confidence over your physical appetite.
- Healing exercise: Release guilt through emotional processing, release relationships that are keeping you “stuck”, sleep, fast, focus on gratitude, meditate/pray.
- Affirmation: “I am one with God and the Universe; I am complete. I am open to the flow of divine wisdom and energy.”
The crown chakra is your energy pathway for connecting with divine light, receiving wisdom and understanding and finding deep inner peace. It is the gateway to communication with your higher self and with God.
When you meditate and focus on opening this chakra and connecting with divinity, you should leave feeling liberated, connected spiritually and peaceful.
1. Find a quiet space where you can focus without interruptions. Outside in nature is best if possible because the energy is very alive and healing. If going outside isn’t realistic, create a comfortable space indoors. Choose somewhere free of clutter and where you can breath easy. You can use sage, an essential oil or incense to help clear the energy in the room.
2. Sit in a comfortable position with your spine straight. If you don’t have a strong back, it is fine to sit in a chair or up against a wall. Keeping the spine aligned is important for proper energy flow through all the chakras. Place your hands somewhere comfortable.
3. Visualize warm white light flowing down through your crown chakra. Feel it fill your body body and soul. Let it continue to flow in and through you as you meditate.
4. Choose one of the following affirmations or create a similar one of your own:
- “I am connected to divine light and energy.”
- “I am being guided by divine light.”
- “My spiritual vision is clear”
- “I am divinely guided and inspired.”
- “I am at one with God/the Universe.”
5. Sit still for a few moments. Don’t be disturbed or distracted by thoughts, simply acknowledge their presence and let them slide out of your consciousness. Focus on your breathing and on receiving light through your crown chakra.
6. Here comes the fun part. While focusing your energy upwards towards the crown chakra, invite the presence of your higher self, God, your spirit guides, or whomever you feel you want to speak with.
7. Once you feel a higher power with you, ask the question: Do you have a message for me? Then listen. Be open to whatever words, images, or feelings that come to you. Just listen.
8. Express gratitude and love towards the higher power and ask for them to be with you as you continue your life’s journey.
9. End the meditation when you feel the time is right. It may be a good idea to write down your impressions and feelings.
This is a meditation you can do at anytime. Feel free to change it as you feel is best for you. Trust yourself. Follow your intuition. Namaste.
Drew Canole is a Nutrition Specialist, Transformation Specialist and national spokesperson for the benefits of juicing vegetables for health and vitality. He is the founder of Fitlife.TV where he shares “Educational, Inspirational and Entertaining” videos and articles about health, fitness, healing and longevity. Drew Canole’s transformation movement has grown to over 630,000 people, including Celebrities, CEOs, Entrepreneurs, and Development Gurus. He believes first and foremost that a person’s health comes from within and through his “Whydentity“ process, Drew is able to create healthy and lasting change, both physically and mentally.
If you loved reading this, as much as I loved writing it… feel free to share the love on Facebook or twitter.
Disclaimer: The techniques, strategies, and suggestions expressed here are intended to be used for educational purposes only.
The author, Drew Canole, and the associated www.fitlife.tv are not rendering medical advice, nor to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury. It is imperative that before beginning any nutrition or exercise program you receive full medical clearance from a licensed physician.
Drew Canole and Fitlife.tv claim no responsibility to any person or entity for any liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application, or interpretation of the material presented here.